Parent Shadow Day – Monday, October 27, 2014
Spend a day as a Wildkit with your student during Parent Shadow Day! It's the best way to experience all the wonderful things that Evanston Township High School has to offer!
On Monday, October 27, Evanston Township High School will host its annual Parent Shadow Day. Parent Shadow Day is open to all ETHS parents, guardians, and other adults (grandparents, godparents, aunts, uncles, adult siblings, 25 years and older) who are significant in the lives of ETHS students. Adults are invited to follow their student's class schedule —for all or part of the day—and see what it’s like to be an ETHS student. This event is our school's open house and is a wonderful opportunity for adults to see the school through the eyes of their students. Registration is required for this free event. Parents/guardians/relatives are asked to RSVP for Parent Shadow Day to gauge capacity in classrooms and cafeterias. If you have more than one student at ETHS, you can choose to shadow each child for part of the day.
Details for registered Parent Shadow Day guests: (Pre-registration is required for this event)
- Parents/guardians/adult guests who are shadowing all day or in the morning should plan to arrive with their students between 7:30-8:00am to find parking and to check in for the day. Join us in the "VIP (Very Important Parent) Suite" in room E112 beginning at 7:30am for complimentary coffee, tea, juice and morning snacks with Administrators! First period begins at 8:32am.
- Parents/guardians/adult guests who are shadowing in the afternoon should plan to arrive before their student's lunch period to find parking and check in. We recommend that you and your student agree on a place to meet (i.e., cafeteria or a specific classroom) ahead of time. Come to E112 if you need assistance locating your student's classroom or to receive a print out of your student's schedule.
- The Monday bell schedule is available here. The Monday bell schedule operates on 36-minute periods, with the school day ending at 2:36pm. When you arrive at Parent Shadow Day, you can request a print out of your student's class schedule in room E112. NOTE: You must follow your student's current class schedule. Drop-in visits to other classes are not permitted.
- Parking is available in the lots at the front and rear of the school as well as on the school side of Dodge Avenue during Parent Shadow Day. (The City of Evanston has waived parking restrictions on Dodge Avenue for Parent Shadow Day only.)
- When you arrive, enter through Door #31 (rear of school) or Door #1 (front of school) to sign in at the registration tables and to pick up your VIP Shadow Day pass and school map.
- The building is wheelchair accessible and elevator service is available for adults who require the assistance.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. ETHS is a large building with multiple flights of stairs - be prepared to walk quickly every 36 minutes.
- The "VIP Suite" in E112 will be open to parent/guardians all day. Stop in to network with Department Chairs and Administrators during Periods 1, 2, and 3, or come by during student lunch periods to talk with school leaders about topics such as communications, safety, and the transition process. Also, drop in at any time throughout the day to enjoy complimentary refreshments, to pick up important materials, or when you just need a break from shadowing.
- Bring cash to pay for lunch. Parents/guardians are invited to eat in the student cafeterias, the Terrace Dining Room, or enjoy light refreshments in the "VIP Suite" in room E112.
- Spirit Wear will be on sale! The Boosters will be selling ETHS Spirit Wear in the Main Lobby during shadow day. The Boosters accept cash or credit/debit card only.
Registration for Parent Shadow Day will open on August 1, 2014. Click here to register!
Para responder en español, por favor llamen a la Oficina del Enlace latino al 847-424-7166.
Parent Shadow Day is open to parents/guardians/adult relatives (25 years and older) of current ETHS students in grades 9-12 only. Children under the age of 18, such as siblings and student acquaintances, may not attend or accompany a registered adult. This event is our school's open house and is a wonderful opportunity for adults to see the school through the eyes of their students. Please note that teachers cannot provide personal conferences on this day, as it is a normal school day. Adult guests must follow their student's current class schedule. Drop-in visits to classes where your student is not currently enrolled are not permitted. Additionally, school rules apply to all visitors of Evanston Township High School, including rules about cell phones and electronic devices as outlined on page 52 of The Pilot handbook.
PLEASE NOTE – This event will be photographed and MAY be filmed. By entering the premises, you agree and understand that your image may appear in photographs and/or film promoting Evanston Township High School.