The Illinois High School Association (IHSA) announced that fall sports would start on August 10 for “lower risk sports” which include boys and girls cross country, boys and girls golf, girls swimming and girls tennis. All other fall sports have been moved to a newly created “spring” season starting February 15, 2021. A new “summer” season was created for most of our traditional spring sports, but some traditional spring sports were moved to the new spring season that starts in February. All of these changes were made by the IHSA so that all sports have the opportunity to compete this school year. Find the complete IHSA plan for 2020-21 sports online.
Below is information for students looking to participate in fall sports starting August 10. For students interested in other sports or other extracurricular activities, ETHS will be sending out separate communication.
Detailed information on how to register for sports is available on the ETHS website. You can also register directly for your sport(s) at https://myeths.eths.k12.il.us/Login/ (SPORTS WILL BE LISTED IN THEIR NEW ASSIGNED SEASON). Please note that we have suspended the requirement to complete an ImPACT baseline test before the start of the fall season as we will be conducting those tests once teams have been finalized.
The most pressing matter at this time for many students and families looking to participate in sports this fall is ensuring that their most recent doctor’s health physical is submitted to the Nurses' Office to be able to register for a sport. In an effort to not overwhelm our Nurses' Office, we are asking that only students looking to start their sport on August 10 submit their doctor’s physical as soon as possible. (INDICATE ON YOUR SUBMISSION THAT IT IS FOR SPORTS.) Please read the physical exam requirements carefully:
- A complete physical by a licensed healthcare provider (MD, DO, APN or PA) is only valid for 395 days (one year plus 30 days).
- The student’s physical exam completed on the State of Illinois Child Health Certificate form should always be submitted right after the exam so the student-athlete remains eligible for participation in sports. Please bring the form to the annual physical.
- Physicals for fall sports were due July 1, 2020. Physicals for all other sports must be submitted two weeks prior to the sports start date listed below. Allow 5 days for processing.
- Secured drop boxes for medical health forms are located at Entrances 1, 2, and 3 (INDICATE ON YOUR SUBMISSION THAT IT IS FOR SPORTS).
- Physicals may also be faxed to the Nurses’ Office to 847-424-7254 or scanned (camera photographs are not valid) and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com (INDICATE ON YOUR SUBMISSION THAT IT IS FOR SPORTS).
- The ETHS Health Center is available for sports physicals by appointment (847-424-7265).
For the fall sports starting on August 10, ETHS will continue to follow all of the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines that we implemented in our summer sports camps to help keep our students and community safe. These include, but are not limited to wearing face masks, maintaining social distance whenever possible, and sanitizing shared equipment. A practice/tryout schedule will be released in early August. For questions, please email AthleticsContact@eths.k12.il.us.