Application Process to Fill 2021 Board Vacancy
The School Board is accepting applications to fill the vacancy resulting from having a seat unfilled at the April 6, 2021 election.
The individual selected by the School Board will serve on the School Board from the date of appointment to May 2023.
ETHS is committed to equity because excellence for all students requires equity. This commitment will be achieved by:
- Providing all students with resources, opportunities, supports and interventions to ensure that they achieve their full potential.
- Giving students what they need to maximize their learning and wellbeing.
- Assuring that all ETHS staff members actively continue to examine and eliminate institutional beliefs, policies, practices, and teaching that perpetuate racial disparities in achievement.
- Preparing all students to succeed in a multicultural society by teaching the contributions and viewpoints of all people.
- Raising the achievement of all students while eliminating the racial predictability of achievement.
At a minimum, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment
- Be a registered voter
- Not be a child sex offender
- Not hold another incompatible public office
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District
- Not be a school trustee
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment
Applicants should show familiarity with the Board's policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a Board and a Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest, ethics and gift ban. The Board's policies are available at https://www.boardpolicyonline.com/?b=evanston_202
The Board President will accept applications.
The application process begins May 4, 2021. Please complete the online application by June 1, 2021. In addition, a cover letter and a resume must be submitted to Board President Pat Savage-Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 1, 2021. The Board will conduct interviews in June, and the Board intends on selecting a member on or before June 28, 2021.