ETHS Fall Planning 2020 and Summer Notes
As the 2019-20 school year comes to a close, ETHS is sharing a message about planning for the next school year. Our goal is to successfully reopen in August, whether that is in person, remotely, or a hybrid model. Reopening ETHS in a way that is safe and responsive to the needs of students, families, staff, and the community is an enormous challenge. Below is general information that will help guide our next steps:
- ETHS must plan for the possibility of remote learning and work in the fall. ETHS will continue to review, practice, and update its e-learning plan to understand and address student needs.
- In-person instruction, if at all possible, will look different than the “normal” learning environment. Without a vaccine for COVID-19, it will be necessary to incorporate some elements of social distancing and other public health interventions that redefine education as we know it. These elements will be aligned with educational supports and resources as necessary.
- ETHS will involve staff in the development of reopening plans. ETHS staff members have navigated this public health crisis while juggling multiple life, work, and home responsibilities. We ask that you continue to extend grace and compassion as we work through future challenges and disruptions together.
- During the summer months, ETHS will continue to provide updates via email, the website, social media, and other tools. Please stay connected with us to ensure you continue to receive updates.
We are working to ensure that the school and the staff are prepared to support learning, promote wellbeing, and remain adaptable as we transition back to school, however that looks, for the 2020-21 school year. Acknowledging that there are still many unknowns, the development of a living, working plan will require constant flexibility.
Notes for the summer
- Diplomas will be mailed to ETHS graduates at the end of June 2020. Students and families should review information on the Class of 2020 web page for information about collecting and returning items and paying student account balances if they have questions about diploma distribution after June.
- Please see the Summer School 2020 page for information about summer school classes, schedule, and other important details..
- Summer events, with the exception of Summer School and noted virtual events, are canceled or postponed until further notice.
- ETHS will accept work permit applications on Mondays, beginning June 1, by appointment only. Please visit the Work Permit Information page on the ETHS website for more information. The page will be updated when the state provides an online application process.
- Please visit the ETHS Health Center page for information about hours and appointments during the summer.
- All publications released during the summer (including The Pilot handbook, the School Activities Calendar, and the Back-to-School Guide) will be online.
ETHS will continue to monitor evolving expert advice about how best to keep our students, our staff, and our community safe and well. We have seen enormous strength and resilience during the past nine weeks of remote learning and work. These attributes will be just as important on the road to recovery and reopening.