Updates for Week Ending Dec. 18; Second Semester Begins Jan. 4
Dear Students and Parents/Guardians:
As a reminder, Winter Break for ETHS students and staff begins at 4:00pm on Friday, December 18. We hope that students, families, and staff will be refreshed and restored during the break from December 20, 2020-January 3, 2021.
We look forward to virtually welcoming our students back when Enhanced E-learning resumes at ETHS on Monday, January 4, 2021. In order to get the best possible start to second semester, teachers and staff will connect with students through a range of learning activities and opportunities that day.
January 4, 2021 schedule
- On Monday, January 4, students will follow the First Day Bell Schedule. This is the same schedule that started the first semester at ETHS. Students will follow the Live Learning Schedule in Enhanced E-learning for the rest of the week, January 5-8.
- As indicated by the bell schedule, each class period (1 through 9) will meet synchronously on January 4. Teachers will provide the codes to access their online classroom spaces.
- Attendance will be taken.
Course Selection and Planning Resources
As part of the Course Request Process for 2021-22, ETHS students will meet virtually with their counselors between January 5-February 5, 2021. Please be sure to review the details and steps that will be provided via email. Resources are also available on the ETHS website, including the slide and video presentations for the December event “Navigating the Course Request Process for Parents/Guardians (Grades 9-11).”
PSAT/NMSQT Testing Update
ETHS will not be offering the PSAT/NMSQT in January 2021. An Alternate Entry to the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program is available to grade 11 students. Please review and complete the alternate entry information to participate in the National Merit Scholarship Program without taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT).
Meal Distribution and Food Sources
- As a reminder, meal distribution will be available during Winter Break at the ETHS site only on December 21 and 28. Please see the Food Services and Distribution page of ETHS website for details.
- An emergency food pantry has been established by the City of Evanston. The pantry, located at James Park, offers Evanston residents free, prepackaged boxes of food, including non-perishable items, produce, and protein. Boxes will be distributed on Thursday, December 17 from 10am to noon or while supplies last. For more information, please visit the City of Evanston website.
- Dr. Witherspoon and Dr. Campbell will host E-Town LIVE on Friday, December 18 at 8:00am. The next program will be held January 8, 2021.
- The ETHS Alumni Office presented the second episode in their Coming Together series this week. The program is titled “Basketball 2021: Where Are We Going.”
Evanston Township High School