Updates for Week Ending Feb. 19; Join us Feb. 24 for a Webinar
Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,
Thank you for your continued support as Enhanced E-learning continues at ETHS during third quarter. With the start of in-person experiences this week, ETHS students should check their email regularly for any scheduling updates. Staff members who are coordinating in-person experiences will be able to confirm schedules as a follow-up to the sign-up or registration process.
Webinar: In-Person Experiences
Join us for a webinar on Wednesday, February 24 at 6:30pm about in-person experiences at ETHS. The webinar will feature a panel discussion with the following ETHS staff members: Dr. Pete Bavis, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction; Nichole Boyd, Director of Student Activities; Dr. Kiwana Brown, Director of Academic Supports; Dr. Marcus Campbell, Assistant Superintendent and Principal; Nick Gehl, Fine Arts Department Chair; Dr. Diona Lewis, Director of Special Education; Chris Livatino, Director of Athletics; and Dr. Eric WItherspoon, Superintendent.
The webinar will last approximately one hour and will cover a range of topics about how the in-person experiences help support student wellbeing and connections to ETHS. There will be examples of the types of opportunities that have been offered during the first week of in-person experiences and the efforts to work with community partners as we continue to prioritize the mental health of our students.
The webinar link will be available on the Reopening Plan Video page.
Food Services and Distribution
Please note the updates to meal distribution at ETHS while students are on campus during in-person experiences.
2021-22 School Year
ETHS continues to make plans for the 2021-22 school year. The District Calendar can be found on the ETHS website and has been prepared with the intent for an in-person learning model for the upcoming school year. Any updates to the District Calendar will be shared with students and families and posted to our website.
Please note important dates on the ETHS website calendar. Event details are updated as needed.
- Progress Reports are now available in Home Access Center (HAC).
- Virtual FAN events will be held on February 18 (The Connected Parent: An Expert Guide to Parenting in a Digital World); March 1 (What Matters Now: Emotional Balance and Core Needs in the Post-Pandemic Era). Registration is required for these free FAN events that begin at 7:00pm.
- E-Town Live — join us on Friday, February 19 at 8:00am for the latest E-Town Live program. Dr. Witherspoon and Dr. Campbell will be discussing the latest CDC guidance and considerations for in-person experiences as well as next steps at ETHS.
- Non-attendance days — There is no school for students on Thursday, February 25; students are welcome and encouraged to attend conferences with their parent/guardian that day. There is no school for students or staff on Friday, February 26.
- Family Talk Series will feature “Teen Substance Use During a Pandemic” on March 4 at 6:30pm.
Students and families may check their email for more information and links related to the following topics:
- Spring Conference sign-up is open and continues until February 24 at 3:00pm.
- Student Wellbeing Survey — each school year, ETHS conducts a survey of students to support their wellbeing. This year’s effort includes a broad and multifaceted response to a prolonged pandemic. The survey will be administered to all students at ETHS on either February 23 or February 24 during their P.E. or Wellness class in the e-learning schedule.
- IL 5Essentials Survey — the results of this annual survey are reported to the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) to help drive school improvement. This year’s survey is open through March 26 to students, guardians, and teachers.
Evanston Township High School