ETHS Reopening Plan Update as of March 1, 2021
Dear Students & Parents/Guardians,
As ETHS works to prepare for the beginning of fourth quarter in March, I am sharing an update about next steps for students and their families. At this time, ETHS expects to transition to a hybrid learning model in April, after spring break. As a reminder:
- Third quarter ends March 12, 2021. Fourth quarter begins March 16; there is no school on March 15.
- ETHS spring break is March 29-April 2.
The safety and wellbeing of ETHS students and staff continue to be our highest priority. ETHS remains committed to robust remote e-learning instruction for those who prefer to stay with that model. In order to transition to a hybrid learning structure that aligns with our guiding principles, please note the following actions:
- The framework for hybrid instruction has been posted on the ETHS Reopening Plan website.
- The instructional model for hybrid learning at ETHS is remote in-person instruction.
- The Hybrid Selection Form will be distributed on March 2 and must be completed by March 5 at 4:00pm.
- The hybrid schedule and a brief video about campus expectations will be linked.
- The ETHS Board of Education will receive an update on ETHS Enhanced E-learning at the March 8 meeting.
- The transition dates for the ETHS hybrid learning schedule will be announced on March 9.
- Any remaining Remote Learning Planning Days for the 2020-21 school year will also be announced.
Given that the U.S. Department of Education has not waived testing requirements, information will be shared separately about spring testing for ETHS students. Please note that the hybrid schedule will be disrupted by state assessments and Advanced Placement (AP) testing when confirmed.
Thank you and we look forward to sharing more information in the coming days.
Eric Witherspoon, Ph.D.