IMPORTANT: Transition to Hybrid on April 14; ETHS COVID Dashboard
Dear Students & Parents/Guardians:
As ETHS transitions to a hybrid instructional model on Wednesday, April 14, please review important information to help ensure the best possible learning experience for all students.
For our families who have chosen to stay remote, please know our teachers and staff will continue to provide support and attention to your students as you continue your e-learning.
All ETHS students should review the ETHS Live Learning Bell Schedule.
- Students who have opted for in-person hybrid instruction should check their Hybrid Instruction Schedule. In-person Hybrid Cohort assignments are available on myETHS. Important clarification: the cohort assignment can be viewed on myETHS; the schedule and room assignments can be viewed on Home Access Center (HAC). The user name and password are the same for both myETHS and HAC.
- Students who have opted for continued remote instruction are part of Cohort V (Virtual Full-Time) in myETHS and can continue to view their schedule in Home Access Center (HAC).
COVID Dashboard Information https://www.eths.k12.il.us/Page/2957
ETHS is committed to transparency in reporting instances of COVID-19 cases as reported to the district. The ETHS COVID Dashboard is updated weekly on Fridays, as of April 16, 2021, when school is in session.
Importance of Daily Self-Certification and Health Protocols
Students and staff must self-certify each day they are scheduled to come to the building. Please continue to review the Checklist for Arriving on the ETHS Campus. If a student has any of the symptoms listed, you must indicate that fact when you self-certify, and the student must stay home.
Our school community relies on this accurate and honest self assessment every day to keep ETHS open for hybrid in-person instruction. With the recent increase of COVID-19 cases locally and regionally, it is critical for every family to follow health and safety protocols so ETHS can avoid returning to a fully remote model for the remainder of the school year.
ETHS building guidelines and health protocols will remain in place as established throughout this school year. This includes physical distancing, student desks spaced 6 feet apart in classrooms, mask wearing, and other measures to keep our school community safe.
Reporting Illness or Absences
Students should remain home, and parents/guardians will call in their absence at (847) 424-7800 in English or Spanish, and follow the steps on the Reporting Illness or Absences page if:
- Student is ill;
- Student has any of COVID-19 symptoms;
- Student has been exposed to COVID-19; or
- Student has tested positive for COVID-19.
ETHS Health Center
The ETHS School-Based Health Center will be open on school days during hybrid instruction, 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday-Friday. The Health Center is a NorthShore University HealthSystem full-service medical clinic for all ETHS students, regardless of insurance status.
- COVID testing, as part of NorthShore’s services, will be available by appointment only to registered patients.
- Do not enter the building if a student is sick; call the school-based Health Center at 847-424-7265 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment for testing as needed.
- Parents can register their children for services, and submit the completed form to the Health Center via fax (847-492-5809), email, or drop-off.
Continued Resources for Student Wellbeing
Social workers, psychologists, and counselors will ensure continuity of services:
- Post high school planning services will continue to be offered remotely to students.
- Mental health services will continue to be provided remotely to students.
- Crisis intervention for students who are scheduled for hybrid in-person instruction will be provided in-person at ETHS.
- Please see the Mental Health Services page of the Reopening Plan for more information.
Health Services/Nurses office provides school dismissal procedures and hybrid in-person guidelines:
- If your child appears or feels unwell, arrangements will be made for safety to escort your child to the Health Annex in North Cafeteria.
- Students who need diabetes management, medication administration (medication authorization process required), or other minor health concerns will be seen in-person.
- Please see the Health Services/Nurses office for more information about how ETHS supports the physical wellbeing of students.
Thank you for your continued cooperation, patience, and understanding during the coming weeks.
Evanston Township High School