First Day of School for Students: August 16
Evanston Township High School students begin the 2021-22 school year on Monday, August 16, 2021.
Students will report by grade level on opening day as outlined in the first day bell schedule. One of the ways that we will support all students in the transition to the 2021-22 school year is hosting a grade-level gathering for our Wildkits. All students may attend an optional luncheon from 11:10am-12:10pm. A map is also provided to help direct students to their meeting areas.
Grades 9 and 10 (Freshmen and Sophomores): 8:15am to 12:10pm - Freshmen and sophomores will be dismissed from class at 11:05am to attend a luncheon at the field near Dodge Avenue and Lake Street. The picnic is optional, but highly encouraged. Freshmen and sophomores will be dismissed from the luncheon to go home at 12:10pm.
Student Ambassadors will also be on hand to help our freshmen and sophomore Wildkits navigate their first day of school.
Grades 11-12 (juniors and seniors): 11:10am to 3:00pm - Students in grades 11-12 will start their day at Lazier Field (on Church Street) to attend a luncheon. Students will be invited to enter the building at 12:10pm on the first day of school to follow their class schedule beginning at 12:15pm. Students in grades 11-12 will be dismissed to go home at 3:00pm.
Students in grade 9 will receive their schedules at Freshman Orientation on August 9-10. Class schedules for students in grades 9-12 are available to view in Home Access Center (HAC) as of Tuesday, August 10, at 9:00pm. Schedules will not be mailed home.
As a reminder, requests to change courses due to preferences and/or level changes will not be accepted as students return to ETHS for the 2021-22 school year.
If you’ve forgotten your user name or password, go to the HAC login screen and choose “Forgot My Username or Password”. For assistance with Home Access Center, email email@example.com or call 847-424-7121.
Students will receive their 2021-22 ETHS student ID on the first day of school. Virtual student IDs can be accessed through a student's myETHS account.
- ETHS requires students to have an ID photo on file as a part of the student record; students can verify they have a photo on file with directions located on the ETHS website.
- ETHS is taking photos of all new incoming students; new students will have the opportunity to have a photo taken during their new student orientation.
- New students that had their photo taken during summer school Prep to ETHS course do not need to have another photo at orientation.
- ETHS will print ID cards for 2021-22 and they will be distributed on the first day of school.
- ETHS has a mobile ID card that can be accessed via phone, tablet, or chromebook, directions for accessing the mobile ID card are available online.
- Questions? Contact Ms. Johnson, ETHS Facilities & ID Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-424-7316.
Save time and add money to your SNAP meal account before school begins. Annual school fee payments are due by August 10. A late fee of $30.00 will be assessed to school fees paid after this date. Go to myETHS to view current charges and any unpaid balances in your student’s account. Unpaid balances can be paid online in the ETHS Web Store.
Proof of Covid Vaccination (voluntary)
Please complete the Proof of Covid Vaccination Form for Students by logging into your student email account (@eths202.org) and upload the image of your vaccine card by August 5. For more information, please check your email or see the Proof of Covid Vaccination Process at ETHS.
Past Due Residency & Health Requirements
If you received an email from ETHS stating that you need to provide health or residency documents, please follow the instructions stated in the email to gain clearance prior to the start of school. Families that need to submit the required documents may follow these steps:
- Health Forms: All past due physical and immunization information required by state law must be received by August 9, or your child(ren) will be excluded from school until this requirement is met.
- By Mail:
Evanston Township High School
Health Services, Room N121
1600 Dodge Ave
Evanston, IL 60201
- By Fax: 847-424-7254
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
Contact the Nurses’ Office (Health Services) at 847-424-7260 for questions about health requirements.
- Residency: All past due residency documents must be received in the Residency Office (S127) by August 9, or your child(ren) will be excluded from school until this requirement is met. Contact the Residency Office at 847-424-7182 for questions about residency.
ETHS will be closed on August 12 for Staff Institute Day
Visitors will not be able to conduct general business in the school on Thursday, August 12, as all staff members will be involved in institute training sessions. The high school will be open at 9:30am on Friday, August 13. Athletic and activity practices will take place as scheduled on these days.