ETHS Vaccine Clinic Sep. 14 & Oct. 5; COVID Testing Information
ETHS continues to work with the City of Evanston Health and Human Services Department throughout our COVID response efforts. As part of this ongoing partnership, a COVID-19 vaccination clinic will be held at ETHS on September 14 (dose 1) and October 5 (dose 2). For the convenience of our students and staff, the clinic will be held onsite during the school day in room N112. The Pfizer vaccine will be administered at the clinic.
This event is open to all current ETHS students with a school ID. The event is also open to all district staff who have not yet been vaccinated. Please note that ETHS is not able to mandate vaccinations for ETHS students; however, the Executive Order from Governor Pritzker (August 26, 2021) requires COVID vaccinations for all teachers and staff at pre-k-12 schools.
Parents and guardians must provide consent for ETHS students under the age of 18 to receive the vaccine during the school day. Please note that the consent form is only valid for the September 14 and October 5 clinics at ETHS.
Parents/guardians should check their email for the registration and consent link for their student.
If you need assistance in Spanish, please contact the City of Evanston at x311. (847-448-4311)
Details about scheduling your vaccination appointment
- Appointments are available between 11am-2pm. Students will be excused from class or lunch to go to their confirmed appointment time.
- Vaccinations are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Room N112 will be set up with student privacy in mind.
- Please use the above registration link to secure an appointment slot for each individual who needs one. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided; guardians should forward the email confirmation to their student’s eths202.org address.
- Registrants should plan to attend both clinics (September 14 and October 5).
- Second dose appointments will be scheduled by the City of Evanston.
- Review Pfizer Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers.
- Registrants must attend first and second dose dates or they will be responsible for obtaining the second dose through their doctor, pharmacy, or other provider.
What to bring to your appointment
To expedite the check-in process, please bring the following:
- Individuals must provide some form of identification.
- The student should bring a signed copy of the consent form.
- There is no charge for the vaccine and it is available to those without insurance and regardless of immigration status.
- Masks and social distancing are required.
If you have clinical questions about the vaccine or your child receiving it, please contact their pediatrician or a trusted medical provider. If you have questions about the clinics, please contact the City of Evanston at x311 (847-448-4311). Appointments will not be accepted over the phone and must be made via the online registration form.
COVID Testing Information
ETHS students and staff can expect that COVID testing will be part of our response efforts. Testing will be required for all unvaccinated individuals and testing is encouraged for vaccinated individuals who are symptomatic (see Contact Tracing Steps for more information). Unvaccinated students and staff will not be able to opt out of testing, including individuals with a medical or religious exemption for receiving the vaccine.
Any student or staff who is not fully vaccinated will need to get COVID tested at least once a week. ETHS will be sharing details about the COVID testing process in the coming days. In the meantime, COVID tests are widely available at no cost. View a list of testing sites in Illinois.
Vaccination Remains Important
Getting vaccinated is the way to get back to our daily lives and the things we enjoy doing. COVID vaccines are safe, effective, and provide the best protection for yourself and those around you. Here’s a peek at our video announcement for students and staff.
Remember to complete the Proof of Covid Vaccination Form for Students at any time once you are fully vaccinated. Please allow five school days for processing. You may check your myETHS account to confirm that ETHS has received your proof of vaccination. Teachers and select staff members will be able to view vaccination status to support our contact tracing efforts.
Eric Witherspoon, Ph.D.
Marcus Campbell, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent & Principal