Superintendent Search Update
February 28, 2022
Thank you to all of the members of the ETHS community who participated in the community engagement process to support the superintendent selection process. Students, staff, families, and community members stepped up to be heard with over 2,000 people completing the survey and nearly 100 people participating in focus groups. The school board continues to be very committed to including all stakeholders in this important and exciting process.
With the information, feedback, and perspectives shared by our community, the school board will meet to develop a detailed superintendent profile. This document will clearly articulate what the ETHS community and school board are looking for in our next superintendent and this document will also be used to assess anyone considered for the position.
Following are the next steps in the superintendent search process, which will include another opportunity for community engagement once we have our final candidate:
- March 3: Special School Board meeting to thoroughly review the findings from the survey and focus groups (findings report will also be posted on the ETHS website) and begin developing the superintendent profile.
- Mid-March: Superintendent profile completed.
- Mid-March – April: Candidate identification and consideration.
- Early/Mid May: Final candidate(s) presented to the community for livestreamed question and answer session.
- ETHS District 202 Board announces the new superintendent.
- June 30: Dr. Witherspoon retires.
- July 1: New superintendent starts at ETHS.