Finishing the School Year as a Wildkit Community
May 13, 2022
As the school year comes to an end, we want to ensure that each one of us, as parents, students, and staff, continues to show care for ourselves and each other through acts of prevention, asking for what we need, and using supports now and during the summer.
Showing we care includes talking as a family about the importance of practicing Acknowledge, Care, Tell by telling someone if you have concerns about potential harm to self or to someone else. This also means using academic, mental health, and community supports to navigate the last two weeks of school and the summer.
Acknowledge, Care, Tell
- We continue to encourage each member of the ETHS community to practice Acknowledge, Care, Tell in caring for our students and each other.
- Please encourage your student to report any suspicious activity to school officials, or to use the ETHS anonymous Text-A-Tip message line.
- The Incident Reporting Form (Formulario de Reporte de Incidentes) is also a way to report incidents of Bullying, Harassment, Intimidation, Concerning or Threatening Behavior, Hate Incidents, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Unwanted or Inappropriate Touch, and Sexual Assault.
The end of the school year can be exciting and also stressful. ETHS continues to offer programming and support for students as part of its ongoing commitment to wellbeing.
- Wildkit Academy. Wildkit Academy is a free Saturday academic support program for all current ETHS students. The final Wildkit Academy of the school year will be held on May 21.
- School Mental Health Resources. Students may reach out to their social worker, counselor, or psychologist if they express distress or desire support.
- Community Mental Health Resources. When school is not in session, students are encouraged to connect with community resources, as well as hotlines, the ETHS Health Center, and the ETHS Virtual Calming Room.
- Summer School. Late registration for Summer School continues through May 20. Summer School begins June 2.
We look forward to finishing the school year as a Wildkit community filled with spirit, compassion, and empathy.