COVID Testing Information for Summer 2022
June 1, 2022
ETHS District 202 continues to partner with the University of Illinois (SHIELD) program to conduct free COVID testing, which will be performed on an optional, drop-in basis this summer once a week on Thursdays. Testing will be held in room S111; enter through Door 2.
Classes of 2023-2025:
Weekly COVID testing will be provided at ETHS for current students and staff from June 2 - July 14, 2022, 10:00am-2:00pm.
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2026) Eligibility:
Incoming freshmen students will be eligible to participate in optional, drop-in COVID testing from June 16 - July 14, 2022, 10:00am-2:00pm. If a parent/guardian chooses to opt out of the testing program for each of their student(s), please complete the SHIELD Opt-Out Form no later than June 5, 2022.
- An original signature on the Opt-Out Form from a parent or guardian is required.
- Completed forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents/guardians should send the signed and completed Opt-Out Form from the email address listed in their student’s record.
Testing is a saliva (spit) test that will occur on a designated day each week during Summer School hours (no appointments necessary).
TIPS for submitting a successful saliva (spit) test
In the hour before the test:
- Do not drink fluids (including water)
- Do not eat
- Do not brush or floss your teeth, or use mouthwash
- Do not chew gum
You may also want to rinse or gargle your mouth with water to remove any discoloration (such as from coffee) or small pieces of food. Be sure to do this at least one hour before your test.
At the test:
- Pool your drool under your tongue with your face mask on.
- Drool into your funnel and tube; keep your face mask on between spit deposits.
- Slide the tip of your tongue along your gums behind your teeth to stimulate your salivary glands and deposit this saliva in the funnel.
- Avoid swishing saliva in your mouth or pulling saliva from the back of your mouth.
Important health reminders
- Do not come to school any time you are ill or have new or different symptoms, including but not limited to: fever, sore throat, loss of sense of smell, muscle or body aches, new cough, vomiting, or diarrhea. Contact the summer school office at 847-424-7950.
- For students with symptoms of COVID or concerns about a COVID exposure, they should stay home and can make an appointment through the school-based Health Center if already registered. If your student is not registered with the Health Center, they can make an appointment and bring the consent form signed by their parent/guardian.
If your child has tested positive for COVID, please email the Nurses Office at email@example.com or call 847-424-7260.