General Building Information 2021-22
Facilities and spaces
The CDC recommends at least 3 feet of physical distance between students within classrooms, but not if this would be a barrier to in-person learning. Effective August 16, instructional and other spaces returned to full capacity, with at least 3 feet of physical distance whenever possible. Physical distancing will not be possible in all spaces in the ETHS building or campus. This is one of the reasons why vaccination is strongly encouraged for all students and staff.
Effective August 16, 2021, campus spaces at ETHS are configured to accommodate all students and staff. Hallways and stairwells are two-way. There may be additional spacing to support physical distancing whenever possible.
- Hallways and stairwells are two-way to keep traffic moving through the building.
- Common areas such as the main lobby and atrium are available for use.
- Self-certification is not required to enter the ETHS building or campus. By entering the building or campus, you are certifying that:
- You do not have any COVID symptoms. You do not have a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, new fatigue, new congestion, new headache, new muscle/body aches, new loss of taste/smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- You will wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
Cleaning and PPE
- Classrooms, offices, and spaces are cleaned and sanitized at the conclusion of each day.
- PPE kits (masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, paper towels, spray cleaner) are also provided in classrooms and offices.
- Wall-mounted hand sanitizer pumps are installed in hallways.
Air quality at ETHS
- HVAC filters are upgraded to MERV 13 filters as recommended by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- As much outside air as possible is brought into the HVAC airflow.
- Classrooms and offices have supply and return vents to circulate air.
- HVAC system will run at least 2 hours prior to building occupation and at least 2 hours after occupation.
- Staff can open windows in their workspaces as appropriate; staff are responsible for closing windows at the end of the workday.
- Fans and vents have been cleaned.
- Exhaust fans in spaces will run during building occupation.