Health Screenings and Self-Certification for Entry to the School
Beginning July 20, ETHS began implementing screening checks for all staff, students, and visitors entering the building. The Safety Department checks the temperatures of every person upon arrival to ETHS. For contact tracing purposes only, temperatures above 100.4 along with answers to the questions below, will be recorded and routed to Human Resources for follow up with the local health department. The following series of questions will be asked to certify the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and/or contact.
- Take your temperature. Is it higher than 100.4?
- Are you experiencing a fever, cough, chills and/ or muscle aches?
- Do you have a sore throat, runny nose or a loss of taste or smell?
- Do you feel nauseous or have vomited and/ or diarrhea?
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath and/ or headache?
- Have you had any close contact or cared for someone with COVID-19 in the last 14-days?
- Have you traveled outside the state of Illinois in the past 14 days?
- Only persons who answer “no” to the above questions will be admitted into the building. Any person who answers “yes” to any of the above questions will not be permitted to stay on campus. If anyone denied access would like further clarification, please contact Matthew Driscoll, Director of Safety, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mobile self-certification process is being developed for students and staff for pre-arrival.
- Will I need to certify that my child is not presenting with any COVID-19 symptoms on a daily basis?
ETHS is requiring students or their parents/guardians to certify that the student does not have any COVID-19 symptoms when attending in-person classes.