Summary and Framework
- The state’s Restore Illinois document provides overarching guidance and a broad framework for the “reopening” of the state.
- Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, the reopening plan will continue to evolve and is subject to change as conditions may require.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for all students and staff;
- Maintain our commitment to equity;
- Provide meaningful and engaging academic experiences for all students;
- Address the social and emotional needs of all students and staff;
- Provide consistency and stability for all students and staff; and
- Provide professional development for staff that enhances e-learning.
Educators have been asked to transform the educational environment.
- School will not look or feel the same as before.
- Every school is different. What works for one may not work another.
- Flexibility remains essential.
- ETHS is constantly monitoring local conditions, which at times change daily.
E-learning Fall Update (October 2020)
- Due to the continued health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Enhanced E-Learning will continue for the remainder of first semester (through December 2020).
- ETHS will provide at least 30 days of notice if the plans for remote learning and remote work change as conditions may require.
- ETHS continues to monitor city, county, and regional metrics which change daily. This includes looking at positivity rates as well as rolling seven-day averages for new cases, including new youth cases. A number of resources, such as the Harvard Global Health Institute, help us gauge next steps based on COVID risk levels. As we have noted, the risks and restrictions for hybrid/in-person do not benefit student learning at this time. Our reopening plan will continue to evolve with this in mind.
- ETHS maintains a strong commitment to equity in the adaptation and implementation of Enhanced E-learning. The goals of the District 202 Board of Education remain steadfast.
- ETHS continues to support the academic and social-emotional wellbeing of our students through a wide range of programs, events, and resources this school year. ETHS provides a full continuum of services for all levels of needs. Details about student services and supports are available on the Reopening Plan website.
- The continuity and predictability of the schedule and instruction are essential to the success of the Enhanced E-learning at ETHS.
- ETHS acknowledges that students, families, and staff are navigating this crisis in different ways. Teachers and staff are commended for their work every day; students are commended for their flexibility and high attendance rates.
- ETHS remains responsive to the needs of students and families in the areas of technology, materials distribution, and communication.