How to Report Student Absences
To report a partial day or full-day student absence, call the Student Attendance Line at (847) 424-7800 (English or Spanish). The Student Attendance Line is available twenty-four (24) hours a day to receive messages regarding attendance. This notification does not automatically excuse the absence (see Attendance Guidelines for rules on Absences and Tardies).
- All full-day absences must be received by 10:00pm the following day.
- Phone calls regarding late arrivals and early dismissals must be received the same day prior to the student arriving late or leaving early. If a student will be arriving late or leaving early, review the procedures for leaving early/arriving late.
When calling in, the parent/guardian must state:
- The student’s name and ID number
- The date(s) of the absence and time to be missed
- Reason for the absence
- Parent/guardian name
- Their relationship to the student
To excuse a student in a language other than English or Spanish, call the Minority Languages Office at 847-424-7166. Para excusar a un estudiante en un idioma diferente del inglés o español, llamen a la Oficina de Idiomas Minoritarios al 847-424-7166.
ETHS will not accept notes unless a parent/guardian has shown your grade-level dean that there is no telephone in the household.
STUDENT ATTENDANCE LINE:847-424-7800Office Location S127
Regular Summer Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm 8:00am-4:30pm Friday 8:00am-4:00pm Closed