How to Subscribe to ETHS Calendars
ETHS provides a variety of important information in calendar format so that all users - students, parents, staff, alumni, community residents - can subscribe and stay connected with event information and important deadlines using their external calendars including iOS devices, (iPhones, iPod touch, iPads), Android devices, Google, Hotmail, Outlook, and Yahoo. The calendars you can subscribe to include:
All ETHS web calendars use an iCalendar (iCal) format which is a standard format for calendar data exchange. By subscribing to iCal feeds you will be continuously synced with automatic changes and additions to calendar information on your mobile device calendar or calendar program (Google, Outlook, etc.). Each of your calendar subscriptions will appear in a separate section of your calendars list and you can organize alerts and settings to these calendars separate from your personal calendar. You can choose to turn viewing on and off for calendar subscriptions at any time. You can also unsubscribe from a calendar subscription at any time.To subscribe to a calendar's iCal Feed, follow the iCal Feed Instructions below.
- Community Service Opportunities – Opportunities to volunteer for community service.
- Daily Bulletin – This calendar displays daily announcements for clubs, activities, and important school reminders. These announcements are read over the PA system during 3rd period.
- Event Calendar – This calendar contains academic school year dates as well as all school events, activities, important deadlines, and meetings open to the public. This information also appears on our mobile app calendar, and events from this calendar are selected for the printed school activities calendar that all ETHS families and staff receive in August.
- Incoming Freshman Deadlines & Dates – Important deadlines and events for incoming freshmen students and their families
- Menu – Breakfast & lunch menu items for students
- Menu (Terrace - STAFF ONLY) – Breakfast & lunch menu items for staff
- Performing & Visual Arts Event Calendar – All theatre and music performances and visual arts events
- Senior Central Deadlines & Dates – Important deadlines and events for senior year
Community Service Opportunity Subscription Link:
Daily Bulletin Subscription Link:
Event Calendar Subscription Link:
Incoming Freshman Deadlines & Dates Subscription Link:
Menu (Breakfast) Subscription Link:
Menu (Lunch) Subscription Link:
Menu (Terrace - STAFF ONLY) Subscription Link:
Performing & Visual Arts Event Calendar Subscription Link (this information also appears in the general Event Calendar):
Senior Central Deadlines & Events Subscription Link (this information also appears in the general Event Calendar):
iCal Feed Instructions
iOS Devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)
To subscribe using your iPhone or iPad:
- Click your iPhone Settings icon.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars from the list.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Other.
- Select Add Subscribed Calendar at the bottom of the list.
- Enter the subscription link (shown above) in the server field.
- Click Next in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- The URL will be verified, and your subscription information will display.
- Click Save.
To view this calendar on your iPhone:
- Click the Calendar icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Click the Calendars button in the top left hand corner of your default calendar screen.
- Select the name of the calendar you have just added. A check mark will appear next to it.
- Click Done.
Events from this calendar will now display on your iPhone calendar.
To subscribe using your Google Calendar:
- Open your Google Calendar.
- Locate Other Calendars on the left hand side of the screen toward the bottom.
- Click the arrow to the right of Other Calendars.
- Select Add by URL from the list.
- Enter the subscription link (shown above) in the field. If you would like these events to be public, check the box next to Make the calendar publicly accessible.
- Click Add Calendar.
To subscribe manually using Outlook 2007:
- Open Outlook.
- Click Tools.
- Click Account Settings.
- Select the Internet Calendars tab.
- Click New.
- Enter the subscription link (shown above) in the field.
- Click Add.
- Adjust your Subscription Options, and click Add.
- This calendar will display in your Other Calendars area.
To subscribe manually using Outlook 2010 and 2016:
- Click Calendar in Outlook.
- Click Add Calendar.
- Select From Internet.
- Enter the subscription link (shown above) in the Link to the Calendar field.
- Enter a name in the Calendar field.
- Click Save.
To subscribe, enter the subscription link (shown above) in the appropriate field in your device or program.