Summer 2020 Work Permit Information
ETHS recognizes that even though the building is closed to visitors and students at this time, students and the community still need to apply for and receive work permits for minors under the age of 16. Therefore, ETHS will be accepting work permit applications on Mondays in June and July 2020, according to the following guidelines.
- Work permit applications will be accepted by appointment only. Please email Ms. Denise Johnson at email@example.com or call 847-424-7316 to schedule an appointment. You will need to leave a message if scheduling by phone, and your call will be returned.
- At the time of your confirmed appointment, please arrive at ETHS Door 3, Wildkit Drive. Only the parent/guardian should arrive at ETHS for the appointment.
- Please access the ETHS Work Permit Application Form to begin your application. This application lists the needed paperwork for the permit. Please have all needed paperwork ready for your appointment, including a physician’s statement on physician’s letterhead stating the student is in good physical condition. (Please note that ETHS Nurses are not available to confirm a student's good physical condition.)
- The student/community member must have an intent-to-hire letter from an employer in order for a permit to be issued.
- The permit will not be processed during the appointment. If the permit is approved, the parent/guardian and the employer will receive the permit via email on the same day as the appointment.
General Work Permit Information
ETHS is an authorized agent to issue employment certificates.
Child Labor Law regulates the employment of workers under 16 years of age. The law protects children by:
- requiring employment certificates. The certificate confirms that a minor is old enough to work, physically capable to perform the job, and that the job will not interfere with the minor's education;
- prohibiting work in hazardous occupations; and
- limiting working hours. All work before 7:00am. and after 7:00pm is prohibited. However, work until 9:00pm is allowed from June 1 through Labor Day.
Please download and print the ETHS Work Permit Application on this page to begin the process to apply for an employment certificate. The completed form must be signed in the presence of the issuing officer at ETHS.
Please contact the ETHS issuing officer to schedule an appointment to submit the application and supporting materials and to sign the application.