Students may dual-enroll in both an ETHS class and the equivalent Oakton College class and receive college credit. Through agreements with Oakton, students will enroll with the college and, after successfully passing the ETHS class, will receive college credit for the course. Dual credit is currently offered in certain courses in the Arts & Innovation, Science, and Mathematics Departments. Contact Michelle Vazquez, the ETHS Post-Secondary Counselor, at (847) 424-7163 for more information.
View the Oakton Early College Catalog to discover courses that serve as Dual Credit, Advanced Placement (AP) Credit, and Concurrent Enrollment. Dual credit courses are taught at ETHS by Oakton-approved high school teachers.
Dual Credit Applications and Registration Deadlines
Fall 2023 Registration Deadline: Friday, September 15, 2023
Spring 2024 Registration Deadline: Friday, February 9, 2024
- Beginning in the 2023-2024 school year, the $25 new student application fee will be paid for by ETHS.
Returning Dual Credit Students
Students who have already applied and have previously taken an Oakton Dual Credit Course:
- You do not need to complete the Dual Credit Application. Submission of an additional application will delay the registration process.
- You should complete your registration as soon as possible and before the deadline.
- You will need your Oakton login credentials in order to complete registration. Login credentials can be found on the acceptance letter that was sent to the email used to complete the application. Students who need to retrieve their login credentials should try to reset their own credentials first from the my.Oakton.edu landing page. Any student who is not successful in retrieving or resetting their login credentials can reach out to the Oakton IT Help Desk at (847) 635-1965.
- You can refer to Fall 2023 ETHS Dual Credit Courses and CRN# List when registering online
- For help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 376-7253. You can also contact the Oakton IT Help Desk.
New Dual Credit Students
Students who have previously never applied or taken an Oakton Dual Credit Course:
- You will need to complete the Dual Credit Application.
- Your successful completion of the application will generate an acceptance letter within 24 hours (in most instances) that will identify your official Oakton ID and login credentials. Note: The login credentials students set-up themselves to complete the application are not the same as the ones to access my.Oakton.edu.
- You will need your Oakton Welcome Letter before completing the registration process.
- Refer to Fall 2023 ETHS Dual Credit Courses and CRN# List when registering online
All students will need to select the appropriate CRN and Registration Selection Term to successfully complete the registration process.
Inquiries related to general program operations or staff and faculty expectations can be sent directly to Cindy Nijmeh, Oakton’s Senior Manager of Early College, at email@example.com. Students with general program related questions or students in need of assistance navigating the application and registration process should email firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing a troubleshooting inquiry, students should include their full name, school, and the step they were at when they encountered an issue. They should identify any error message they may have received and include a screenshot of any error messages, if possible.
New this Year: Live Virtual Support Days
The Early College Office, in conjunction with Oakton Enrollment and Information Technology Services will be hosting virtual weekly drop-in troubleshooting sessions where dual credit faculty/staff/students can log in to receive real-time, coordinated assistance for application or registration issues they may be encountering. Please use this link for live assistance: https://oakton.zoom.us/j/99121880139
Wednesday, September 6, 3-5pm
Thursday, September 14, 3-5 pm
Thursday, September 21, 3-5pm
Friday, September 22, 3-5pm
Oakton representatives will be on-site at ETHS on Wednesday, August 30 & Thursday, August 31, 8:30am - 3:35pm to assist with the Fall 2023 dual credit application process. Students in Spring 2024 dual credit courses will have troubleshooting sessions in class in January 2024.