How to Register for Sports
NEW for 2017-18: students and parents/guardians will no longer need to visit the ETHS Athletic Office in person to register for IHSA (Illinois High School Association) or club sports as long as all items on the checklist below are complete prior to the start dates for each sport (see below for start dates).
The following checklist provides the steps required to register for IHSA or club sports:
- PARENT CONSENT – NEW ONLINE METHOD (this replaces the athletic permit card)
Parent/Guardian consent is required to participate in any athletic or student activity at ETHS. Parent/Guardian consent can be updated via Home Access Center (HAC) and the “Update Registration” tab. Click here for additional directions on how to update student registration and consent to participate. Please note that students cannot participate in any activity, including tryouts or auditions, until consent has been given. (If you have given consent online once, including during your student’s online registration process, you do not need to give consent again.)
- SELECT YOUR SPORT(S) at 8to18.com
Parent/Guardian must register for specific sport(s) ONLINE at https://evanston.8to18.com. Access your existing account (do NOT make a new account). An account needs to be created for new student-athletes (remember your password). Then click “Begin Registration” and follow the prompts for each seasonal sport. ALL IHSA and Club Sports will be available for registration beginning June 19, 2017.
- SUBMIT YOUR DOCTOR’S PHYSICAL TO THE NURSES' OFFICE (N121)
Bring the State of Illinois Child Health Certificate to your annual physical. Once completed, submit it to the Nurses' Office at N121 between 7:30am-4:00pm during the school year. Summer hours, June 7 – July 24, are 7:45am-1:35pm (closed Fridays and from July 25-August 4, 2017).
- COMPLETE THE “IMPACT” BASELINE TEST
Once you have completed these steps, you may call the Athletic Office at 847-424-7370 to confirm your registration is complete.
Start Dates for Sports
EARLY ONLINE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL SPORTS LISTED BELOW JUNE 19-JULY 24, 2017.
If the online registration process is not completed before the start date listed below for the sport you wish to play, the student-athlete must visit the Athletic Office during office hours to obtain a PINK SLIP to give to their coach. NOTE: ETHS Athletic Office Summer Hours are 8:00am-4:00pm (closed Fridays). Regular hours will resume Monday, August 7.
- Aug. 7: Athletic Training, Football, B/G Golf
- Aug. 9: Cheerleading, B/G-Cross Country, PomKits, G-Swimming, G-Tennis, G-Volleyball and B-Soccer
- Oct. 23: B-Bowling, Cheerleading and PomKits
- Oct. 30: G-Basketball
- Nov. 6: B-Basketball, G-Gymnastics, Wrestling
- Nov. 13: G-Bowling
- Nov. 20: B-Swimming/Diving
- Jan. 15: B/G-Indoor Track & Field
- Feb. 12: B-Gymnastics
- Feb. 26: G-Soccer, Baseball, Badminton, G/B-Water Polo, G/B-Lacrosse, B-Tennis, Softball
- March 5: B-Volleyball
- Aug. 9: G-Field Hockey
- Sept. 11: Table Tennis
- Oct. 23: Fencing
- Dec. 4: Ultimate Frisbee
- Year Round Registration: Boxing, Climbing