Textbook Distribution & Return Guidelines
The ETHS Book Distribution Center (BDC) is responsible for the distribution and collection of the textbooks that are provided for use by students each school year. Textbooks remain the property of the district. Students are responsible for returning borrowed materials in good condition, with acceptable norms of wear and tear.
The majority of books are picked up by teachers and distributed in class. To obtain a book directly from the BDC, students need a BDC counter form completed by their teacher and a current student ID card.
- If a book is damaged when received, it should be immediately returned to the BDC and exchanged for another copy. This gives you the opportunity to obtain a better copy and also avoid being charged for damages not previously noted.
Keep books in your possession. Don’t loan out your books—books checked out in your name are your responsibility
Students are responsible for returning all textbooks to the BDC by the end of the current school year. ETHS teachers will not collect or return any textbooks.
Students in grades 9-11 will return all textbooks to the BDC (S112) by the last day of school each year. Students in grade 12 will return their textbooks in May as part of their graduation clearance process.
- Replacement books purchased privately are not an acceptable form of payment.
- Do not leave books in your lockers at the end of the school year.
- Log in to myETHS at any time to view a complete list of textbooks issued or any unreturned books charged in the student’s account. For details, click here.
- When returning books at the BDC counter, you must wait for a current printout of your account. Please check the printout before leaving, as it is a receipt of your book return.
NOTE: The BDC cannot accept books for return if both the student's name label and the book ID (barcode) label are missing. The BDC must be able to identify and track how the book was issued.
If you are dropping a class or transferring out of ETHS, return your books to the BDC, not to the teacher.
- Damaged books - The cost of the book will be assessed if the book is returned with:
- Water damage
- Torn pages, missing pages
- Writing, highlighting
- Overall abuse to entire book
- Rebinding fee - A fee of $9.40 to have the book rebound will be charged if the outside cover is damaged but the contents are still usable.
- Lost books - The first book must be paid for before a second copy can be issued.
*Students must keep track of all books issued to them to avoid book charges to their account. Textbooks that are found to be missing in the BDC inventory must be paid for in order to maintain instructional resources for ETHS students. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please stop by the Book Distribution Center (S112) or call 847-424-7255.
Book Distribution Center(847) 424-7255Office location S112
Regular Summer Monday-Thursday 7:30am-4:30pm 7:30am-4:30pm Friday 7:30am-4:00pm Closed