FULL DAY ABSENCE
1. Call the Student Attendance Line at (847) 424-7800. The Student Attendance Line is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to receive messages regarding attendance. When calling in, the parent/guardian must state:
- The student’s name and ID number
- The date(s) of the absence
- Reason for the absence
- Parent/guardian name
2. Remember, parental excusals count toward No Credit (NC) accrual unless you provide documentation to the Deans’ Office within 30 days of the absence.
3. Provide documentation to the Deans’ Office (H109) within 30 days of the absence (including doctor’s notes, court documents, funerals, etc.)
4. To excuse a student in a language other than English or Spanish, call the Minority Languages Office at 847-424-7166. Para excusar a un estudiante en un idioma diferente del inglés o español, llamen a la Oficina de Idiomas Minoritarios al 847-424-7166.
- All full-day absences must be received by 10:00pm the following day.
- ETHS will not accept notes unless a parent/guardian has shown the grade-level dean that there is no telephone in the household.