Full Day Absence
1. Call the Student Attendance Line at (847) 424-7800. The Student Attendance Line is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to receive messages regarding attendance. When calling in, the parent/guardian must state:
- The student’s name and ID number
- The date(s) of the absence
- Reason for the absence
- Parent/guardian name
2. Provide documentation to the Deans’ Office (H109) within 30 days of the absence (including doctor’s notes, court documents, funerals, etc.)
4. To excuse a student in a language other than English or Spanish, call the Minority Languages Office at 847-424-7166. Para excusar a un estudiante en un idioma diferente del inglés o español, llamen a la Oficina de Idiomas Minoritarios al 847-424-7166.
- All full-day absences must be received by 10:00pm the following day.
- ETHS will not accept notes unless a parent/guardian has shown the grade-level dean that there is no telephone in the household.