Food Services and Distribution
We know the importance of providing healthy meals and the impact nutrition has on a student’s educational experience and their overall wellbeing. The Nutrition Services Departments (D65 & D202) are excited to offer meals free of charge, to all children ages 18 and under, no questions asked. This is made possible through a waiver sponsored by the USDA (effective through June 30, 2021).
Meals are available to all students throughout the 2020-21 school year during any learning plan.
Monday Distribution for remote learners
Meals are available for pick-up at seven sites throughout the community. Curbside meal pick-ups will take place at the following seven locations. You may pick up food for all of your children (including anyone under age 18) at one site. All pick-ups will occur on Mondays (unless it is a holiday). Seven days' worth of meals will be provided (7 breakfasts and 7 lunches with 1/2 gallons of milk). Each bag includes a variety of cold options and will also include meal options that can be heated up at home. Please note the different pick-up times based on site.
- Evanston Township High School (Door 27 off Wildkit Dr) 9am-5p
- Meals will be distributed from the back of the school loading dock. ETHS staff will be masked and all individuals picking up (in car or in person), must be wearing a mask. Any member of the household can pick up.
- Chute (1400 Oakton St., main parking lot) 10am-1pm OR 3-6pm
- Nichols (800 Greenleaf St. (enter parking lot off Sherman Ave.) 10am-1pm
- Haven (2417 Prairie Ave., enter parking lot off Green Bay Rd.) 10am-1pm
- King Arts (2424 Lake St., pick up on Greenwood St.) 10am-1pm OR 3-6pm
Meal distribution for students signed up for in-person experiences
Location: Entrance 1, 2 and 3
FREE breakfast or lunch will be available for grab and go at Doors 1, 2, and 3. Each bag includes a variety of cold meal options.
Students may pick up meals at designated times when leaving the building:
Monday: 9:55am (Breakfast), 11:55am, 1:55pm, 3:55pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 5:00pm
Wednesday and Friday: 4:30pm
Meal distribution for students signed up with Safe Center for Online Learning (SCOL)
Location: East Cafeteria
FREE breakfast, snack and lunch will be provided on school days at the Wildkit Snack Window. Snacks and a variety of a la carte items will be available for purchase.
The breakfast and lunch will be provided in a “sack lunch” form based on a weekly rotating menu, Tuesday through Friday.