Fall Conferences 2021
Conferences serve as an opportunity for students and guardians to discuss academic support and/or student wellbeing with teachers as needed. ETHS continues to make adjustments to event planning. as vaccination rates and COVID transmission cases are closely monitored in the school community. As a result, Fall Conferences will be held remotely via Zoom.
- Virtual conferences were very positively received by ETHS guardians last school year. Considerations such as parking and transitioning between appointments were significant factors.
- Virtual appointments help accommodate the maximum number of time slots with teachers, and increase family participation in conferences.
- With the Delta variant presenting additional concerns, ETHS continues to be responsive to the health and safety of our school community.
Online sign up for Fall Conferences begins at 8:00am on Thursday, September 23. Conferences are held on Thursday, September 30, 1:30-4:30pm and 6:00-9:00pm.
- Thursday, September 30 is a non-attendance day for students. Students are welcome and encouraged to attend conferences with their parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Friday, October 1 is a Late Start Blue Day for students. There will be no AM Support; classes begin at 9:35am. Blocks 2, 4, 6, and 8 will meet that day.
Conferences are designed to last five (5) minutes each.
To sign up for conferences, launch the online conference scheduling system beginning at 8:00am on September 23. When you launch the online conference scheduling system, use your Home Access Center (HAC) parent/guardian user name and password. NOTE: A student user name will not work.
- Video tutorials are available for using various features of Home Access Center (HAC). See HAC Instructions if you need help with HAC or viewing grades and progress reports prior to conferences.
Conference sign-up will close at 3:00pm on Wednesday, September 29. If the conference schedule does not meet your needs, or if you are not able to get an appointment with a teacher, you may email the teacher directly to schedule a time.
If you speak a language other than English and would like to have an interpreter at conferences, contact Mercedes Fernández, Latino Liaison/Minority Languages Coordinator, at 847-424-7166 or email@example.com. All requests for interpreters must be made by 3:00pm on Friday, September 24.
If you need assistance with the online scheduling system, please call 847-424-7121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grade-level deans, counselors, social workers, psychologists, nurses and academic advisors will also be available to meet during conferences. Please contact them directly to make an appointment.
Prior to conferences, ETHS will share information about how to access scheduled virtual appointments through Zoom links. Details and instructions will be emailed to parents/guardians.