About Parent Ambassadors
Evanston Township High School has a powerful story to tell families of prospective students. There is no better person to tell that story than a current parent. Parent Ambassadors are parents, guardians or family members (grandparents, godparents, aunts, uncles, adult siblings age 25+) of ETHS students in grades 9-12 who are selected to represent the high school to prospective, incoming, and current parents, their families, and the community at large.
- Provide guidance to prospective, incoming, and current parents seeking information
- Work alongside Student Ambassadors to welcome and support new families at large school events
- Connect with new families who transfer to ETHS during the school year
- Help publicize and support family engagement and outreach events
- Provide valuable parent feedback by participating in school committees or focus groups
- Support the school’s efforts to expand parent and community involvement at ETHS
Through this program, Parent Ambassadors share their knowledge and offer support as well as assist with a variety of activities and events, including:
- Incoming Freshmen Engagement | Assist with on-campus events for incoming freshmen (Campus Tours, Course Selection Nights, Freshman Orientation, Incoming Freshman Information Night, etc.). Assist incoming families with questions and connect them with resources, including other ETHS parent groups (Boosters, E-BAN, Latino Advisory Committee, ETHS Parents Engaged).
- Current Parent Engagement | Assist with on-campus events for current parents (Fall & Spring Conferences, Open House Day). Assist current families with questions and connect them with resources, including other ETHS parent groups (Boosters, ETHS Black Advocacy Network, ETHS Parents Engaged, Latino Advisory Committee).
- Community Events | Connect with families, neighbors, and community residents in a variety of settings to connect them with the high school.
- Future Wildkits Outreach | Assist with outreach initiatives for prospective ETHS families in feeder schools (District 65 schools, private/parochial).
- New Wildkits Outreach | Assist with outreach initiatives for families who transfer to ETHS during the school year (writing welcome cards, etc.)
For more information on the Parent Ambassador Program or to connect with a current Parent Ambassador, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Ambassador Coordinators: