Mission & Vision
Embracing its diversity, ETHS dedicates itself to educating all students to their fullest potential.
ETHS D202 Board of Education Statement on Equity
ETHS is committed to equity because excellence for all students requires equity. This commitment will be achieved by:
- Providing all students with access to resources, opportunities, supports and interventions to ensure that they maximize their abilities and potential.
- Giving students what they need, not necessarily equally, to meet their learning and well-being requirements.
- Assuring that all ETHS staff members, with deliberate effort, continue to examine and eliminate institutional beliefs, policies, practices, and teaching that perpetuate racial disparities in achievement.
- Preparing all students to succeed in a multi-cultural, global society by teaching the contributions and viewpoints of all people in culturally relevant curricula.
- Raising the achievement of all students while eliminating the racial predictability of achievement.
Approved by the ETHS Board of Education, September 7, 2011
Evanston Township High School (ETHS) commits itself to excellence and equity in education. Each student will achieve at a high level of academic performance, function effectively in the community, and make contributions to the broader society.
To accomplish this goal, ETHS commits itself to involving school personnel, community members, students, and their families as partners in an ongoing process of educational improvement. We will construct an environment of excellence and responsibility which fosters intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and ethical growth for all. Students, faculty and staff must all continue to learn and grow.
ETHS will design curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment methods to motivate and prepare all students to become skilled and knowledgeable...
- Problem solvers/critical thinkers
- Self-directed learners
- Effective communicators
- Collaborative workers
- Quality producers
- Technology users
- Community contributors
ETHS will guide all students in planning for their progress both during and after high school. All students will complete an educational program that meets the requirements for admission to an Illinois public college or university. While students’ choices will vary, we will prepare students to pursue both a career direction and continued education.
All members of the ETHS community will work together to realize this vision in an atmosphere of mutual respect where the contributions of all are valued.
Adopted by the ETHS School Improvement Team, May 21, 1996