International Exchange Student
ETHS Families: Thank you for your interest in placing an international exchange student at Evanston Township High School. We appreciate the time you have devoted to helping students from all over the world experience American education and culture. The talented students who participate in international exchange are always welcome additions to our learning community.
If you are planning to enroll as an international exchange student at ETHS, we ask that you pay careful attention to the following guidelines:
- All host families must be District 202 residents.
- Exchange student English proficiency is required.
In order to be granted admission, potential students must be affiliated with one of the following school approved agencies:
- American Field Service (AFS) USA
- Rotary Youth Exchange Program
- CIEE Council on International Educational Exchange
- International Student Exchange
A letter of interest must be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent/Principal no later than April 1st for the following school year. Letters must state the desired length of stay at ETHS (semester or year) and the approved agency affiliated with the potential student. Proof of English proficiency must be submitted with letter of interest.
The Assistant Superintendent/Principal will contact families with a decision no later than April 30. See below for additional information:
- School acceptance of international exchange students is limited to four per school year.
- School personnel will not assist in securing the student or temporary visas.
- International exchange students are responsible for all school fees.
- English proficiency is required. AAPL Test in English with a minimum of an AAPL Performance score of I-4 on the AAPL form B, in all 4 components (interpersonal/speaking, presentational writing, interpretive listening, interpretive reading), which must be submitted to the Principal by April 30th with the letter of interest.
- MAP Testing is required for all new and transferring students, including our International Exchange students, either remotely in advance or upon their arrival as part of the registration process.
We hope this information is useful to host families and sponsor organizations. Please contact my office at 847-424-7043 if you have further questions about enrolling an international exchange student.
New Student Transition CoordinatorAlicia Hart(847) 424-7047Student Enrollment SpecialistAdriana Aviles(847) 424-7915Office Location Welcome Center (E112)