Summer School at ETHS
Summer School 2022
The ETHS Summer School Program will offer classes for academic recovery, enrichment, and advancement. ETHS Summer School Programming is offered during a 26-Day period beginning on Thursday, June 2, 2022 and ending on Thursday, July 14th, 2022.
Classes will not be held on Monday, June 20, 2022 in observance of Juneteenth or on Monday, July 4, 2022 in observance of Independence Day. In addition, there will be no class on Fridays beginning on June 24, 2022.
Summer Opportunities for Current ETHS Students (Grades 9-12)
Most courses are structured to meet for 2.5 hours a day for 26 days in order to earn a high school semester credit. Some courses are structured to meet for 5 hours a day for 13 days.
- Academic Recovery Courses - All core academic courses required for graduation will be available to students who need to repeat an English, Math, History, Science, or PE course due to failure. These courses will be offered at no cost to students. All academic recovery courses will operate in a 26-Day format. Enrollment for recovery courses will occur in May through your student’s counselor. No action is required at this time.
- Enrichment Courses - Eligible students will be invited to participate in reading, math, Extended School Year (ESY), and English as a Second Language (ESL) enrichment course opportunities. These courses will be offered at no cost to students. The format of these courses will vary. Registration for these courses will be completed by the enrichment program coordinators.
- Academic Advancement Courses -ETHS will be offering several elective course opportunities for students during summer school. Standard registration and tuition fees will apply to these courses. Please note that these are all courses that we anticipate being able to offer. Staffing availability and student interest will ultimately determine if these courses will run.
Welcoming the Class of 2026
We are excited to invite our incoming 9th grade students to participate in the course Prep to ETHS. This course will be a fusion of previous summer offerings to provide a curriculum that embeds academic skill building with transition programming. The goal is to provide all students with a common experience to prepare them for high school in the fall.
Registration and tuition fees have been waived for Prep to ETHS. This is a Pass/Fail course where students will have the opportunity to earn one (1) elective credit over the summer. While we encourage all students to take advantage of this free opportunity, summer school is optional.
Prep to ETHS has been structured to meet in-person. Students will attend class for a total of 8 days of instruction. The summer school day will start at 8:00am and conclude at 1:35pm. A 30-minute lunch break will be included within the school day.
Option A will start on Monday, June 6th and conclude on Wednesday, June 15th. (AT CAPACITY)
Option B will start on Thursday, June 16th and conclude on Wednesday, June 29th. (SPACE AVAILABLE)
Option C will start on Thursday, June 30th and conclude on Thursday, July 14th. (SPACE AVAILABLE)
Late Registration for Summer School 2022 will be available April 13th - May 20th .
Recovery Course Registration (Free for all current students)
These courses are available to students who earned an F in an English, History, Math, Science, or PE course during this current school year or previous school years. All tuition and fees for recovery courses have been suspended for Summer School 2022. There will be no cost for students to register for these recovery courses.
Registration for a recovery course can be completed by contacting the student’s counselor. Please refer to the Course Request Guide for the specific dates and times of each course.
Students may take a maximum of 2 recovery classes during summer school.
Advancement Course LATE Registration
The following advancement courses still have a few available seats.
Courses available to current students in grades 9-11:
- Introduction to Drawing and Painting (26-Day)
- Graphic Design (26-Day)
- Contemporary Adult Life (26-Day)
- Intro to Journalism (26-Day)
- Innovating Through Design in Our Community (13-Day Session 1)
Courses available to current students in grades 10-11
- Economics (13-Day Session 2)
Tuition and registration fees will still apply for these advancement courses. Course descriptions can be reviewed in the Course Request Guide.
Registration for these classes will be available through the ETHS Web Store beginning at 7:00am on Wednesday April 13 and closing at 4:00pm on Friday May 20 or sooner if classes reach capacity. Late registration is first come, first serve.
Summer School Schedules
Student schedules with classroom and teacher assignments will be distributed electronically to students and families by May 31st.