Financial Assistance for ETHS Students
Financial assistance for one Summer School course is available to ETHS students who qualify. Read the directions below to see if you qualify and for instructions on how to apply.
If you are a current ETHS student who failed at least one (1) academic course last school year AND you qualify for free or reduced-price lunch, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance for one (1) Summer School course that is required for graduation.
1. Student must obtain the Summer School Student Financial Assistance Application from their counselor.
2. Completed forms must be turned in to the Summer School office by the registration deadline.
3. Once the application has been submitted and approved, the student will be notified by their counselor and should use the Course Selection Guide to select a Summer School course (choose the upcoming year of Summer School in the "School Year" dropdown menu). Consider the following three questions when choosing a course:
1. Have I reviewed my course selection with my school counselor?
2. Am I meeting requirements for graduation?
3. Am I selecting courses that support my interests, development and needs?
4. Register for the Summer School course. Financial assistance covers $175 of the course. Parents/guardians are responsible for paying a one-time Summer School registration fee of $70, course specific fees ($15-$20 lab, workbook, etc.), and $50 for the balance of the course fee.
5. Students applying for financial assistance must qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.