Staff and students can take everyday preventive actions to protect themselves and others from getting sick with COVID-19, including hand-washing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- See When and How to Wash Your Hands from the CDC for more information.
All staff and students should wear face coverings/masks at all times while on the ETHS campus. A face covering includes non-medical grade masks, homemade masks, scarves, bandanas or handkerchiefs. Each student and staff member will be provided with one washable and reusable ETHS mask.
- ISBE guidance indicates that face shields generally cannot be used in lieu of face coverings (e.g., masks).
- Please be sure to wear a mask correctly.
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask.
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
- See How to Wear Masks from the CDC for more information.
Social & Physical Distancing
Minimize your movement within the building as much as possible and stay at least 6 feet away from other people.
- See Social Distancing from the CDC for more information.
ETHS works with the City of Evanston’s Health and Human Services Department to determine when and how vaccines are distributed to Evanston residents and workers, including educators. Visit the City's COVID-19 Vaccinations page for information.