Framework for In-Person Experiences
Guiding principles for in-person experiences:
- Preserve continuity of instruction.
- Provide multiple safe, ungraded, enrichment experiences, with a focus on student wellbeing and belonging.
- Provide students whose home circumstances require a safe, supervised space in the building daily to participate in Enhanced E-learning.
- Provide students an opportunity to connect with peers and staff in a safe, socially distant environment
In-Person Experiences at ETHS:
- Students will receive academic instruction through Enhanced E-learning according to the live learning schedule.
- Mondays and Office Hours during the week are dedicated to offering voluntary in-person activities and experiences at ETHS that are rooted in developing wellbeing and belonging.
- All in-person experiences will adhere to guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Please see the Health & Wellness pages of the ETHS Reopening Plan for information related to protocols and procedures.
- Provides personal connection with staff and social interactions with peers
- Provides social interactions, outside the home, which are crucial to mental health
- All students participate in Enhanced E-learning for academics
- Maintains continuity of instruction
- Access to technology and equipment
- Hybrid instruction is an inferior model
- Supported by staff
- Gets students reacclimated to ETHS
- Supports and boosts Enhanced E-learning