About Health Services (Nurses' Office)
The ETHS District 202 Health Services Department (located in the Nurses' Office, N121) is staffed with a team of school nurses who provide health services to students and their families that promote physical and emotional health. The Nurses' Office is staffed with nurses certified in both CPR/AED and First Aid. The school nurses provide evaluation to students who become ill or injured during the school day and can coordinate same-day appointments for an ill student who is registered to use the ETHS Health Center in H101.
Primary services provided include:
- Evaluate students who become ill during the school day or who have emotional health complaints
- First aid
- Medication administration
- Referral to ETHS Health Center
- Referral to community resources
- Emotional health counseling and support
- Height, weight, vision and hearing screening
- Monitor compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health regulations and immunization requirements
- Elevator access for students with temporary injuries or physical disabilities
- Medical excuse verification for Physical Education classes
- Sports physical verification for student athletes
The Health Services Department is responsible for developing and supervising health procedures that comply with Illinois School Code, regulations established by the Illinois Department of Public Health, and District 202 policies. Records are maintained concerning physical examinations, medical excuses, accidents during the school day, and visits to the Nurses' Office. Parents/guardians should inform the Health Services Department of any student health issues, such as short-term injuries, physical disabilities, allergies, chronic diseases, and medications. ETHS has several AEDs (automated external defibrillators) located in the school and around campus.
Current parent/guardian and emergency contact information must be up to date with the school. Although this information is provided at the time of registration, please remember to update your contact information as well as the information for your child's emergency contact as needed throughout the school year. Any changes can be made via Home Access Center (parent portal) or by calling the ETHS Registrar’s Office at (847) 424-7180.
Co-Department ChairCynthia FuerteOffice CoordinatorBrenda De Vaul-PayneOffice Location: N121
Phone: (847) 424-7260
Fax: (847) 424-7254
Regular Summer Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm 8:00am-4:00pm Friday 8:00am-3:45pm ClosedNurses are not available until 8:00am.
During the summer, there are no nurses available after 1:30pm.No appointment necessary for students seeking care.