PE Locks & Lockers
- During the first week of school, students in grades 9-12 will be assigned to a locker inside of a Gym Wing locker room.
- Students are assigned to lockers and locker rooms for PE according to individual course schedules as well as the student’s gender identity as reflected in the official student record. Students and their families have the right to request a change to the student’s name and/or gender listed in the official student record to correspond with their gender identity. Use the Student Advocacy Form to notify ETHS of this request.
- Any student who has a need or desire for increased privacy, regardless of the underlying reason, may request access to restrooms or changing spaces with increased privacy. Requests for increased privacy can be made by filling out the Student Advocacy Form.
- The boys locker room has integrated locks built into the PE lockers. However, male students may choose to purchase an ETHS-issued lock or use a personal lock when utilizing the pool locker room during the swim unit.
- All incoming and transfer female students receive a high-security lock when they enroll at ETHS. All female students are encouraged to use their school-issued lock or a personal lock on their Gym Wing lockers. The same lock should be used when utilizing the pool locker room during the swim unit.
- Students in the female PE locker room will need to log into their myETHS account after the second day of school to register their lock combination and serial number and to verify PE class locker and locker room assignment information.
- Student combinations will not be shared with ETHS staff, including safety, athletics staff, or PE teachers. Only the PE Department Chair can retrieve registered lock information in myETHS. Students who forget their lock combinations and did not register their lock combinations in myETHS will have their lock cut from the locker. Students will then be responsible for purchasing another lock for their PE class locker.
- Students are responsible for securing their lockers after each use. Spin the dial to ensure the lock is secure. Reported incidents of theft often occur when students do not properly secure personal property. Never bring expensive items or cash to PE class, even if you plan to lock it up carefully. Students are advised not to store valuables in the Gym Wing lockers.
- When students are assigned to swimming, they will need to bring their school-issued lock or personal lock each day to the pool locker room to secure their belongings and remove the lock at the end of each class period.
- Report any Gym Wing lock/locker problems immediately to the safety personnel in the locker room as well as the PE Office (G116).
- Sharing lockers with another student is not permitted. Do not give locker combinations to friends and associates. The student assigned to a locker will be held responsible for items stored in that locker.
- Never bring expensive items or cash to PE class, even if you plan to lock it up carefully. Students are advised not to store valuables in the PE lockers.
- Students are responsible for their personal property stored in Gym Wing locker rooms. The school is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen personal property stored in Gym Wing locker rooms. Report lost or stolen property by completing the "Lost Property Report Form."
- All sophomores must vacate their PE locker by the last day of each semester. Freshmen, juniors, and seniors must vacate their PE locker during the designated locker clean-out date near the end of the school year. Locker contents and locks left after the official end of locker clean-out will be removed and may not be retrievable.