Driver's Education is offered during the school day and as a summer school course. Driver’s Education is a semester-long graded elective; pass/fail is not an option.
- The classroom portion takes place in Room G180.
- The driving portion, Behind the Wheel (BTW), is arranged in class by the teacher. Behind the wheel will take place during the school day.
Illinois State Law and ETHS Requirements
- Students must have passing grades in at least 8 courses during the previous 2 semesters.
- Students must be at least 15.3 years of age on the first day of class.
- Students must successfully complete and pass the “Rules of the Road” driving examination administered during the first week of class. Illinois Driver's Education Practice Test.
- Students must successfully complete and pass the vision examination administered during the first week of class.
- Students must complete the state-mandated requirements of course work and practical driving instruction. Therefore, any number of absences and/or tardies will jeopardize passing the course and obtaining a driving permit.
- Seniors may only be enrolled in the first semester Drivers' Education (no exceptions).
- $220 Fall/Spring and $420 Summer Session. No financial assistance or waivers are available for this class.
After completing this one-time application process below, the student's name will be sent to their counselor. Based on the Illinois State Law and ETHS requirements listed above, they will be classified as “requirements met” or “requirements not met”. The system will automatically update their eligibility as needed. An application does not guarantee a seat in the class. Student enrollment is based on requirement status and course availability. There are 3 sections of Drivers Ed each semester (Fall and Spring) and class size is limited to 8 students per section. Availablilty is limited, therefore students should discuss their course prioroties directly with their counsoler.
- Log in to your myETHS account.
- Click on the 'Driver's Education' tab at the top of the screen.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click the 'Submit Application' button at the bottom of the screen.
Head Driver's Education InstructorMike Ellis
(847) 424 7398
email@example.comChad Harris(847) 424 7284
firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartment ChairMarie LivatinoAdministrative AssistantAmina DiMarcoSummer School RegistrationAngelina Harding - Summer School Coordinator
(847) 424 7912
email@example.comOffice Location G115Fax: (847) 424-7389