Driver's Education is offered at ETHS as both a semester-long elective course during the school day and as a summer school course. Driver's Education is a graded elective; pass/fail is not an option.
- Students must be of Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing
- Students must be of good disciplinary standing for the previous 2 semesters (No Social Probation)
- By law, students must be 15.3 years old on the first day of class
- By law, students must have passed 8 classes in the previous 2 semesters
- $200 covers the class fee and permit fee.
- The classroom portion takes place in Room G180.
- The driving portion, Behind the Wheel (BTW), is arranged in class by the teacher. Behind the wheel will take place during the school day.
Students must complete each step in the registration process below to be considered for Driver's Education. This is a one time process so no need to repeat. A submitted application does not guarantee a seat in the class.
- Log in to your myETHS account.
- Click on the 'Driver's Education' tab at the top of the screen. Read the instructions carefully.
- Click the 'Submit Application' button at the bottom of the screen (your application will not be complete without this step).
- Once you have submitted your application, talk with your counselor to request Driver's Education as a course. Your counselor will let you know if you qualify or not.
Illinois Driver's Education Practice Test
Head Driver's Education InstructorMike Ellis
(847) 424 7398
email@example.comChad Harris(847) 424 7284
firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartment ChairMarie Livatinolivatinom@eths.k12.il.usAdministrative AssistantMeghan Koonskoonsm@eths.k12.il.usSummer School RegistrationAngelina Harding - Summer School Coordinator
(847) 424 7912
email@example.comOffice Location G115Fax: (847) 424-7389