Financial Aid Information
FAFSA Graduation Compliance
As of the 2020-21 school year, to receive a diploma from an Illinois public high school a student must:
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -OR-
- Submit the Alternate Application for Illinois Financial Aid, if applicable *
*The Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid allows qualifying undocumented students and some transgender students who are not eligible for federal financial aid to apply for state financial aid.
Alternatively, a parent/guardian may choose to opt a child out of this graduation requirement by requesting a non-participation waiver. To request the ETHS FAFSA Non-Participation Waiver, please log in to myETHS. Instructions here myETHS FAFSA Completion Status Instructions
Students who are at least 18 years of age or legally emancipated may request the waiver themselves.
Each graduating class will receive information in the spring about the graduation deadlines.
Please contact the ETHS College & Career Services office for additional support and assistance email@example.com.
FAFSA Completion Status Instructions
How to Update FAFSA Completion Status Using myETHS
FAFSA Completion Status can only be updated by a parent/guardian. Students can view FAFSA Completion Status in myETHS, but they cannot change it.
- Log in to myETHS with your parent/guardian own user name and password (student credentials will not work for this).
- Navigate to Records > FAFSA Completion Status.
- Click the Change Status button to change your status.
- Choose the option that fits your situation:
- FAFSA Completed (left button - green)
- Alternative Application (middle button - blue)
- FAFSA Waived (right button - red)