Financial Aid Information for College & Career
The Counseling, College & Career teams support students seeking financial aid for college or career programs. Students, parents/guardians are encouraged to attend our Financial Aid Night held every fall. Additionally, seniors should attend their counseling lessons to obtain more information about how to apply for financial aid and scholarships.
One way to obtain financial aid assistance is to apply to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). As of the 2020-21 school year, to receive a diploma from an Illinois public high school a student must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA or the Alternate Application for Illinois Financial Aid, if applicable * or opt a child out of this graduation requirement.
FAFSA Graduation Compliance
Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -OR-
Submit the Alternate Application for Illinois Financial Aid, if applicable *
*The Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid allows qualifying undocumented students and some transgender students who are not eligible for federal financial aid to apply for state financial aid.
1. Opt Out. A parent/guardian may choose to opt a child out of this graduation requirement.
- Parent/guardian must log in to myETHS. View myETHS FAFSA Completion Status Instructions
- Students who are at least 18 years of age or legally emancipated may complete the opt out process themselves.
Please contact the ETHS College & Career Services office for additional support and assistance email@example.com.
FAFSA Completion Status Instructions
How to Update FAFSA Completion Status Using myETHS
FAFSA Completion Status can only be updated by a parent/guardian. Students can view FAFSA Completion Status in myETHS, but they cannot change it.
- Log in to myETHS with your parent/guardian own user name and password (student credentials will not work for this).
- Navigate to Records > FAFSA Completion Status.
- Click the Change Status button to change your status.
- Choose the option that fits your situation:
- FAFSA Completed (left button - green)
- Alternative Application (middle button - blue)
- FAFSA Waived (right button - red)