PSAT/NMSQT & PSAT10
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) and PSAT 10 are the same test, offered at different times of year. The PSAT/NMSQT is administered to ETHS juniors on a designated day each October. The PSAT 10 is administered to ETHS sophomores on a designated day each February. They have these benefits in common:
- They are both great practice for the SAT because they test the same skills and knowledge as the SAT—in a way that makes sense for a given grade level.
- They both provide score reports which can be used to personalize Khan Academy® SAT practice. With students’ explicit permission, Khan Academy will use PSAT results to create a unique study plan.
- These score reports also list which AP courses students should check out.
In addition to serving as a practice test for the SAT, the PSAT/NMSQT is used to qualify students for the National Merit Scholarship Program, National Scholarship Service, and the National Hispanic Recognition Program, and other special scholarships administered through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
The PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 are highly relevant to students’ future success because they focus on the skills and knowledge at the heart of education. They’ll measure:
- What students learn in high school
- What students need to succeed in college
Creating a College Board Account
With a College Board account, students can access their PSAT, SAT and AP scores online, and send them directly to colleges. Students can also register for the SAT and print their SAT Admission Ticket. Students can connect their College Board account to Khan Academy for FREE individualized SAT exam prep. Be sure to provide complete and accurate information. Use a password than can be easily remembered, as this account will be used to access students’ SAT scores in the spring as well.
Instructions for creating your College Board student account
Practice questions for the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT:
Accessing PSAT Scores:
Understanding the PSAT Score:
Regular Summer Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm Closed
Friday 8:00am-4:00pm Closed