The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is administered to ETHS juniors on a designated day each October as part of the Wildkit Futures Day. The PSAT/NMSQT offers these benefits:
- Used to qualify students for the National Merit Scholarship Program, National Scholarship Service, and the National Hispanic Recognition Program, and other special scholarships administered through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
- Practice for the SAT because it tests the same skills and knowledge as the SAT.
- Provides score reports which can be used to personalize Khan Academy®SAT practice. With students’ explicit permission, Khan Academy will use PSAT/NMSQT results to create a unique study plan.
- PSAT/NMSQT score report lists which AP courses students should check out.
The PSAT/NMSQT is highly relevant to students’ future success because it focuses on the skills and knowledge at the heart of education. It measures:
- What students learn in high school
- What students need to succeed in college
Creating a College Board Account
With a College Board account, students can access their PSAT, SAT and AP scores online, and send them directly to colleges. Students can also register for the SAT and print their SAT Admission Ticket. Students can connect their College Board account to Khan Academy for FREE individualized SAT exam prep. Be sure to provide complete and accurate information. Use a password than can be easily remembered, as this account will be used to access students’ SAT scores in the spring as well.
Instructions for creating your College Board student account
Practice questions for the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT:
Accessing PSAT Scores:
Understanding the PSAT Score:
*Students with an approved IEP or 504 Accommodations Plan will receive the testing accommodations stated on their plan, in a small group environment. Students with accommodations should log in to their myETHS account a week before testing to find their room assignment.
Students with extended time may be released after 12:00pm.
English Language Learners in the Bilingual Program will receive room assignments from the Bilingual Coordinator or their ESL teacher.
Regular Summer Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm Closed
Friday 8:00am-4:00pm Closed