PSAT 8/9 & PSAT 10
The PSAT 8/9 and the PSAT 10 are now state-mandated and administered to freshmen AND sophomores on a designated day in April. They have these benefits in common:
- They are great practice for the SAT because they test the same skills and knowledge as the SAT—in a way which makes sense for a given grade level.
- They provide score reports which can be used to personalize Khan Academy®SAT practice. With students’ explicit permission, Khan Academy will use PSAT results to create a unique study plan.
- These score reports also list which AP courses students should check out.
The PSAT 10 and PSAT 8/9 are highly relevant to students’ future success because they focus on the skills and knowledge at the heart of education. They will measure:
- What students learn in high school
- What students need to succeed in college
*Students with an approved IEP or 504 Accommodations Plan will receive the testing accommodations stated on their plan, in a small group environment. Students with accommodations should log in to their myETHS account a week before testing to find their room assignment.
Students with extended time may be released after 12:00pm.
English Language Learners in the Bilingual Program will receive room assignments from the Bilingual Coordinator or their ESL teacher.