First Day of School Information with Updates and Reminders
The new school year begins remotely for our Wildkits on Monday, August 17. The ETHS bell schedule has been modified for the 2020-2021 school year, and students will follow the schedule outlined in www.eths.k12.il.us/bellschedule/firstday for their first day of school.
The Enhanced E-Learning schedule includes both synchronous and asynchronous learning. Synchronous learning means classes take place at a specific time for all students (virtually or in person). Asynchronous learning means students complete assignments and class activities on their own time.
Each school day counts as a day of instruction, including Mondays, for asynchronous learning and accessing supports and activities without live learning. Students are expected to be engaged in learning every school day. Teachers will take attendance at the time of their class period, Tuesdays through Fridays.
2020-21 Online Calendar
As a reminder, there will not be a printed School Activities Calendar for 2020-21. Calendar information is available online. The online events calendar includes important information such as school-closure dates; dates for non-attendance and breaks; the first and last day of classes; and virtual events. Calendar information also appears on our mobile app calendar. You can subscribe to this calendar at the link below to stay connected on any mobile device or your Google calendar.
Post High School Planning Updates
- Grades 9-11: ETHS is excited to introduce a new platform called SchooLinks for post high school planning. This will be rolled out by grade levels (grades 9-11) as students meet with counselors this fall, and will be a change for students who used Naviance.
- No action is needed from students and families at this time.
- We encourage students to follow the guidance from their counselors during their upcoming lessons with each grade level of students, which will also then be shared with families.
- To learn more about SchooLinks at this time, please visit the SchooLinks page on the ETHS website and hello.schoolinks.com.
- Grade 12: ETHS has determined that seniors and their families will continue to use Naviance for the 2020-21 school year. In order to lessen the stress and anxiety during this pandemic, students and families will use this familiar tool to help ensure a smooth college planning and application process.
Please note that ETHS will not be a test site for either the ACT or SAT assessments through December 2020. For College Board information, please visit https://www.collegeboard.org/. For ACT information, please visit http://www.act.org/.
School Meal Payment Options
As a reminder, ETHS students have the option to pick up breakfast and lunch meals weekly at ETHS. Meals will be distributed from the back of the school loading dock every Monday, beginning August 17, from 9:00am - 3:00pm (for ETHS students only). Visit the Payment Options page to learn more about school meal payment options, including adding money to your student’s meal account before the first day of school.
Students will receive materials, such as textbooks and other necessary supplies, to begin the school year via curbside pick-up along Wildkit Drive. Students have an assigned day and time according to their graduation year cohort and last name to arrive at ETHS for the materials pick-up. Please check your email for details.
Student ID Cards
ETHS requires that all students have a photo ID as part of their student record. If ETHS does not already have a photo ID on file for a student, an email has been sent about
“How to Take and Upload Your Student’s ID Photo.” The deadline to upload the student’s photo has been extended to August 12, 2020.
Download the ETHS Mobile App and Stay Connected
Get school news and integrated calendar information right on your mobile device! The ETHS mobile app is available in 33 different languages. Download the free app in the App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play Store (Android devices).
Connect with us on social media!