Academic Intervention Team
The academic advisors at Evanston Township High School are advocates who provide assistance to support the academic needs of students. The Academic Intervention Team (AIT) promotes and supports the educational process by providing academic support to regular education students. Counselors refer students to the academic intervention team when they are having academic difficulties and have expressed an interest in improving their academic performance. The Academic Intervention Team (AIT) advisors are assigned to grade levels and each student will have access to the same advisor throughout their high school experience.
The Mission of the Academic Intervention Team (AIT) is to partner with the grade level team in an effort to enhance academic success in school. While our focus is on students with the greatest potential for growth, AIT will offer services that promote academic achievement for all students at ETHS.
The primary role of the academic advisor is to:
- Facilitate ongoing student-centered goal development and academic progress monitoring with students assigned to caseload
- Provide support with homework consistency, study strategies, organization of materials and work, time management, etc.
- Collaborate with students, teachers, counselors, social workers and administrators in order to assess student progress
- Provide weekly services to students to facilitate self-assessments and identify strengths, progress and next steps in problem solving process
- Provide academic and motivational support
The Academic Center
Located in N125, The Academic Center provides an open space where students can work on homework assignments get organized and collaborate with other students on academic work.
Open 7:45am-4:30pm, Tuesday-Thursday.
Drop-In: Come in during your lunch or study hall if you’re looking for a space to complete homework or catch-up on assignments.
Regular appointments: If you’ve been assigned to an advisor, attend your scheduled meeting to ensure you’re receiving the ongoing progress monitoring to stay on track.
Connect: Need a place to land? Feel like school work is unmanageable? Come in and connect with us.
AIT Office Hours
Regular Summer Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm
Friday 8:00am-4:00pm Closed
The Academic Center Hours
Regular Summer Tuesday 7:45am-4:30pm Closed Wednesday 7:45am-4:30pm Closed Thursday 7:45am-4:30pm Closed