Academic Intervention Team
The academic advisors at Evanston Township High School are advocates who provide assistance to support the academic needs of students. The Academic Intervention Team (AIT) promotes and supports the educational process by providing academic support to regular education students. Counselors refer students to the academic intervention team when they are having academic difficulties and have expressed an interest in improving their academic performance. The Academic Intervention Team (AIT) advisors are assigned to grade levels and each student will have access to the same advisor throughout their high school experience.
The mission of the Academic Intervention Team (AIT) is to partner with the grade level team in an effort to enhance academic success in school. While our focus is on students with the greatest potential for growth, AIT will offer services that promote academic achievement for all students at ETHS.
The primary role of the academic advisor is to:
- Facilitate ongoing student-centered goal development and academic progress monitoring with students assigned to caseload
- Provide support with homework consistency, study strategies, organization of materials and work, time management, etc.
- Collaborate with students, teachers, counselors, social workers, and administrators in order to assess student progress
- Provide weekly services to students to facilitate self-assessments and identify strengths, progress and next steps in the problem solving process
- Provide academic and motivational support
The Academic Center
Located in E123, the Academic Advisors meet with students Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm by appointment.
AIT Office Hours
Regular Summer Monday 8:00 a.m. - 2:09 p.m. Closed Tuesday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Closed
The Academic Center is open every day (except major holidays and non-school days).