Withdrawal Procedures During COVID-19
If a parent/guardian is withdrawing their student from ETHS, they must follow the below steps in order to receive official ETHS transcripts.
Steps required for withdrawal
- Complete the Withdrawal form. After the form has been submitted, allow at least 3 days for various ETHS departments to be able to clear the student for withdrawal.
- The Registrar's office will contact the family to review requirements for the withdrawal process.
- Gather all school materials--Photo ID, Chromebook and charger, any remaining textbooks, library books or other school property, in preparation for returning them.
- All student fees must be paid in full, either online or by calling Student Accounts to make arrangements. You may look up fees owed by checking your account on myETHS or by calling Student Accounts at 847-424-7110.
- After receiving confirmation from the Registrar's office, bring to the ETHS Safety Desk at Entrance 2, and sign in the following items: Photo ID, Chromebook and charger, any remaining textbooks, library books or other school property.
The entire withdrawal process must be completed, including return of all items, in order to receive an official transcript for the school your student is transferring to.
Note: The Illinois School Code (105 ILCS 5/26-1 et seq.) states that children between the ages of 7 and 17 must attend public school; however, an exception is made for “…..any child attending a private or parochial school where children are taught the branches of education taught to children of corresponding age and grade in the public schools, and where the instruction of the child in the branches of education is in the English language.”